Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Mess Wins


Photo
I cannot keep up cleaning after these people. I spent a stupid amount of time following my family around picking things up. Last night I nearly had a break down sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was cleaning the bunny's litter box and Miss B walks by and knocked over the bag of clean litter which of course was open and spilled all over the floor. This was less than thirty minutes after she spilled grape juice (which I had cleaned up off the floor but not the table), Dimples had spit up and I was still wearing it, and the dog ran her butt across the freshly steam cleaned carpet leaving a long skid mark. It's days like this that make me want to go sit in the closet and rock back and forth hugging my knees. Being somewhat type A (okay...alot what type A) I tend to get stressed out easily over things like this. My rational mind knows that this is what having kids is like, but the OCD bitch who lives in there freaks out and it's hard to shut her up. It's something I have to work on daily. Who cares if my house is a mess. My family is healthy and happy. I've decided to just get over it. This is not to say I won't do the dishes or clean the toilets, I just give up trying to have a house that looks like people don't actually live there. The mess wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment