Monday, April 15, 2013

My Little Mamma's Boy

Dimples is a mamma's boy. And I'm really okay with that. (Except when I just need someone else to hold him for a minute and he screams the whole time). When my daughter was born it was via emergency c-section. She tried to come out butt first. They had no idea she was in this position and so I labored for hours until she got stuck in the birth canal and started showing signs of distress. Stubborn from the start she was. Even then determined to do things her own way. So once they cut her out of me, she was handed to my husband and she's been his ever since. Miss B and The Big Kid are like two peas in a pod and I've kinda always been on the outside of their little club. My birth experience with my son was completely different. I was able to have a v-bac and he came out of me in was put directly into MY arms. Two minutes later he was rushed off to the NICU because he wasn't breathing. He spent five days there, all 8lbs 14oz of him. He looked like a giant next to those little one pound preemies. The hospital where I had him has a wonderful policy that allows mothers with children in the NICU to keep their room even after they are discharged provided it's not needed for another patient. So for those five days every two hours around the clock I walked from my room two hallways down to the NICU. They provided me with a pump so I could get milk for him, and once he came off the CPAP I was able to nurse him. It was the bonding experience I never had with my daughter. From then on, he's always been mine. Not to say I don't love my daughter - she is a miniature version of myself in every way - and of course my husband loves our son - but Dimples is definitely my little mamma's boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment