Monday, May 13, 2013

A Test

Mother's Day was awesome. My kids were even kind enough to take a nap at the same time! Miss B. rarely naps anymore, it was especially appreciated. Then, around eight in the evening, my husband got the call we have been dreading. His boss called, and he's run out of work. My husband is a brick mason, so we do plan for some amount of instability. You have to when your income depends on good weather. It's not a permanent lay off. They have a big job starting at the end of August, or beginning of September. We can survive this, if we are careful with our money, but can we survive three or four months spending all day together? Part of me thinks yea! I will have a helper around the house, but another part of me worries that he will be another body here making even more mess. I love my husband dearly, but am I ready to have his constant presence? This will be a test for us.

4 comments:

  1. URGH I feel your struggle. Not only the monetary, that is hard enough. But the constant presence? I know we wouldn't survive if my hubs didn't work a lot of night shifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Husby is getting really anxious to retire. I feel your uncertainty . . . Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh hunny..... I feel it too..... Days when my hubby is home are far more stressful then when he's out! Love the man to bits when we only see each other in bed and an hour or so either side :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Napping is the biggest Mother's Day gift you could receive! I wish you much luck and lots of deep breaths during your husband's short hiatus from work. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete